At Primary Eyecare, Our Approach is Simple. We Start by Listening to You.
As an award-winning eye care group and optical retailer, the professionals at Primary Eyecare will take care of your eye care wants and needs through every step of the process. From a comprehensive vision and ocular health exam up through more specialized procedures and recommendations, we will personally attend to your eye health needs and concerns.
After your examination, we have an excellent and experienced staff of contact lens technicians and eyeglasses opticians who will guide you to the perfect solution for visual correction, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses. We know that each patient has different needs during their visits to our practice, and it is our responsibility to discover and understand them, resulting in the very best eye care for you.
The Mission of Primary Eyecare
The mission of Primary Eyecare is to consistently provide central Virginia’s best eyecare experience & vision products in such a smooth, efficient, flawless, & excellent manner that our patients find it a joy to do business with us.
- Comprehensive Visual & Ocular Health Analysis for maximum improvement of eyesight through eyeglasses, contact lenses, or laser vision correction, as indicated by your refraction, diagnosis, and lifestyle.
- Laser Vision Correction Services including LASIK pre- and post-operative management. Unbiased evaluation of your suitability for laser vision correction.
- Primary Eyecare for Kids - Your school-aged children will love coming to see their eye doctor at Primary Eyecare. Youth examinations starting at age 5.
Eye Health Services
Your eye doctor will examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes as indicated after thorough external and internal eye health analysis using high resolution microscopes and digital photography.
Diagnosis and Treatment of:
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye and Infections)
- Corneal Abrasions
- Seasonal Allergic Eye Problems
- Eye injuries
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye
When you visit one of our two convenient Charlottesville locations, you'll leave knowing you've had a comprehensive vision and eye health examination by experienced and caring professionals.
During your eye exam, you will receive:
- Individual attention
- The latest technology to aid in the analysis of your eyes
- A totally accurate vision prescription, determined 3 different ways to ensure complete accuracy - backed up by our guarantee
- Glaucoma testing to measure your eye pressure and other risk factors for glaucoma.
- A complete cataract evaluation and explanation if diagnosed.
- Pupil dilation to allow for a thorough retinal examination (Your doctor will discuss this with you.)
- The option of digital retinal photography to document a baseline of your unique retinal tissue. Retinal photography my aid in the earliest possible diagnosis of many diseases including glaucoma, certain types of brain tumors, and even Multiple Sclerosis.
- A personalized consultation with your eye doctor to review and discuss the results of all your examination findings, along with customized recommendations and prescriptions that best address your needs and concerns.
When non-optometric disorders are diagnosed, we work in conjunction with other allied health care professionals and specialists, including neurologists, dermatologists, internists, ophthalmologists, and others as necessary.