At Primary Eyecare, we listen.
As an award-winning eye care group and eyewear retailer, the professionals at Primary Eyecare will take care of your eye health and eyewear needs. From a comprehensive exam to highly specialized procedures and recommendations, we will personally attend to your eye care needs and concerns.
After your examination, we have an excellent and experienced staff of contact lens technicians and opticians who will guide you to the perfect solution for visual correction, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses. We know that each patient is unique and has specific needs during their visit, and it is our responsibility to discover and understand them, resulting in the very best eye care for you.
The Mission of Primary Eyecare
The mission of Primary Eyecare is to consistently provide central Virginia’s best eyecare experience & vision products in such a smooth, efficient, & exceptional process that our patients find it a joy to do business with us.
- Comprehensive Visual & Ocular Health Analysis for maximum improvement of eyesight through eyeglasses, contact lenses, or laser vision correction, as indicated by your refraction, diagnosis, and lifestyle.
- Laser Vision Correction Services including LASIK pre- and post-operative management. Unbiased evaluation of your suitability for laser vision correction.
- Primary Eyecare for Kids – Your school-aged children will love coming to see their eye doctor at Primary Eyecare.
Eye Health Services
Your eye doctor will examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes as indicated after thorough external and internal eye health analysis using high resolution microscopes and digital retinal photography.
Diagnosis and Treatment of:
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye and Infections)
- Corneal Abrasions
- Seasonal Allergic Eye Problems
- Eye injuries
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye
When you visit our Barracks Road or Hollymead Town Center location, you will know you’ve had a comprehensive vision and eye health examination by experienced and caring professionals.
During your eye exam, you will receive:
- Individual attention
- The latest technology to aid in the analysis of your eyes
- A totally accurate vision prescription, determined three different ways to ensure complete accuracy – backed up by our guarantee
- Glaucoma testing to measure your eye pressure and other risk factors for glaucoma.
- A complete cataract evaluation and explanation if diagnosed.
- Pupil dilation to allow for a thorough retinal examination (Your doctor will discuss this with you.)
- The option of digital retinal photography to document a baseline of your unique retinal tissue. Retinal photography my aid in the earliest possible diagnosis of many diseases including glaucoma, certain types of brain tumors, and even Multiple Sclerosis.
- A personalized consultation with your eye doctor to review and discuss the results of all your examination findings, along with customized recommendations and prescriptions that best address your needs and concerns.
When non-optometric disorders are diagnosed, we work in conjunction with other allied health care professionals and specialists, including neurologists, dermatologists, internists, ophthalmologists, and others as necessary.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Copyright © 2011 | Dr. Joseph DiGirolamo, OD | The Big Book of Family Eye Care