At Primary Eyecare, our approach to patient care is simple.
We start by listening to you.
As an award-winning Optometry practice and optical retailer, the professionals at Primary Eyecare can take care of your eyewear and eye care needs. From a comprehensive vision and eye health exam up through specialized procedures and recommendations, we will personally attend to your eye health needs and concerns. We are proud to be an in-network provider for many of Charlottesville’s and Albemarle’s largest employers. To view a list of insurances we accept, click here.
Scheduling an appointment with a Primary Eyecare Optometrist at either our Barracks Road or Hollymead location is easy! Request an appointment day and time online or contact us directly!
With one of the largest brand name selection of fashion eyewear in Central Virginia, The Optical at Primary Eyecare has choices in prescription frames, prescription sunglasses, and non-prescription sunglasses.
The Optometrists at Primary Eyecare share a wealth of experience and utilize advanced technologies and techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of many common eye health and vision problems.
The Mission of Primary Eyecare
“The mission of Primary Eyecare is to consistently provide central Virginia’s best eyecare experience & vision products in such a smooth, efficient, flawless, & excellent manner that our patients find it a joy to do business with us.”
- Comprehensive Visual & Ocular Health Analysis for maximum improvement of eyesight (through eyeglasses, contacts, or laser vision correction) as indicated by your refraction, professional diagnosis, and lifestyle.
- Laser Vision Correction Services including LASIK pre- and post-operative management. Unbiased evaluation of your suitability for laser vision correction.
- Primary Eyecare for Kids – Your school-aged children will love coming to see their eye doctor at Primary Eyecare.
Eye Health Services
Your eye doctor will examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes as indicated after thorough external and internal eye health analysis using only the very best technologies, including high resolution microscopes and digital retinal photography.
Diagnosis and Treatment – Medical Eye Care Services:
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye & infections)
- Corneal Abrasions
- Seasonal Allergy Eye Problems
- Eye Injuries
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye & more!
Request an appointment online in our North or South Charlottesville offices.
Dr. Michael J. DiGirolamo (retired)
Dr. Michael J. DiGirolamo is the founder of Primary Eyecare, formerly known as 20/20…