Eye Exams, Laser Vision Services, Eyewear and more!
At Primary Eyecare, our approach to patient care is simple. We start by listening to you.
As an award-winning Optometry practice and optical retailer, the professionals at Primary Eyecare can take care of your eyewear and eye care needs. From a comprehensive vision and eye health exam up through specialized procedures and recommendations, we will personally attend to your eye health needs and concerns. We are proud to be an in-network provider for many of Charlottesville’s and Albemarle’s largest employers. To view a list of insurances we accept, click here.
After your examination, our excellent and experienced contact lens technicians and eyeglasses opticians will guide you to the perfect solution for your vision correction, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses. We know that each patient has unique needs during their visits to our practice, and it is our responsibility to discover them and to fully understand them, resulting in the very best eye care for you.
The Mission of Primary Eyecare
“The mission of Primary Eyecare is to consistently provide central Virginia’s best eyecare experience & vision products in such a smooth, efficient, flawless, & excellent manner that our patients find it a joy to do business with us.”
- Comprehensive Visual & Ocular Health Analysis for maximum improvement of eyesight (through eyeglasses, contacts, or laser vision correction) as indicated by your refraction, professional diagnosis, and lifestyle.
- Laser Vision Correction Services including LASIK pre- and post-operative management. Unbiased evaluation of your suitability for laser vision correction.
- Primary Eyecare for Kids – Your school-aged children will love coming to see their eye doctor at Primary Eyecare.
Eye Health Services
Your eye doctor will examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes as indicated after thorough external and internal eye health analysis using only the very best technologies, including high resolution microscopes and digital retinal photography.
Diagnosis and Treatment of:
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye & infections)
- Corneal Abrasions
- Seasonal Allergy Eye Problems
- Eye Injuries
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye & more!
When you visit one of our two current convenient Charlottesville locations, you’ll leave knowing you’ve had a comprehensive vision and eye health examination by experienced and caring professionals.
During your eye exam, you will receive:
- Individual attention
- The latest technology to aid in the analysis of your vision and overall eye health
- A totally accurate vision prescription, determined 3 different ways to ensure complete accuracy – backed up by our guarantee
- Glaucoma testing to measure your eye pressure and other risk factors
- A complete cataract evaluation and explanation (if diagnosed)
- Pupil dilation to allow for a thorough retinal examination (Your doctor will discuss this with you.)
- The option of digital retinal photography to document a baseline of your unique retinal tissue. Retinal photography may aid in the earliest possible diagnosis of many diseases including glaucoma, certain types of brain tumors, and even Multiple Sclerosis.
- A personalized consultation with your eye doctor to review and discuss the results of all your exam findings, along with customized recommendations and prescriptions that best address your needs and concerns.
When non-optometric disorders are diagnosed, we work in conjunction with other allied health care professionals and specialists, including neurologists, dermatologists, internists, ophthalmologists, and others as necessary to ensure you receive the best quality care and treatment.
Request an appointment online in one of our 3 convenient Charlottesville locations.